Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Option button

I am currently using 4 option buttons. These 4 buttons are not wanting to
work independantly from each other.

I am wanting 2 for example to select 1 & 2, and the others to select A & B.
These buttons when I link them to a specific cell all change to that cell
and not only the selected ones.

WHAT DO I DO?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi guys
I have been trying to do like Bob wrote, but I can't seem to get it right.
When I link a pair to a cell the other cells automatically link to the same
cell.
WHY?????? Please help.

"chris_za_za" wrote in message
I am currently using 4 option buttons. These 4 buttons are not wanting to
work independantly from each other.

I am wanting 2 for example to select 1 & 2, and the others to select A &

B.
These buttons when I link them to a specific cell all change to that cell
and not only the selected ones.

WHAT DO I DO?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If the option buttons are from the control toolbox toolbar, give each pair a
single groupname in their properties. It doesn't make any difference what
name you choose. Then link them to the cell underneath the option button.

Use a third cell (visible) which uses a formula to produce the results

=if(A1,1,if(A2,2,""))

=if(A6,"A",if(A7,"B",""))

If from the forms toolbar, you need to put groupboxes around each pair. If
you link one to a cell, the otherone will automatically be linked to that
cell. It will return a numeric result, so you would still need another cell
to produce A and B.

Tom Ogilvy