Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Option button

I have a spreadsheet with one cell I want to deplay the price from one of two
spots. How do I setup an option button so that if one is selected the price
next to that button get put in my deplay cell?
--
We all need a little help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

First, make sure your option buttons are linked to a cell somewhere (under
format contol), for example C1.

Assuming list of choices is in B1:B2,

Then your formula will be
=INDEX(B1:B2,C1)

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Pat Rice" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with one cell I want to deplay the price from one of two
spots. How do I setup an option button so that if one is selected the price
next to that button get put in my deplay cell?
--
We all need a little help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

How do I link the cell? I should say I have never done this before so you
should write this like I am new to excel.

A1 should show the number in B1 if the option button next to it is selected
or show the C1 if the option button next it is selected. I have no clue where
to even start putting the formula you gave me. This is an excel form that is
printed out and handed to AP to generate payroll.
--
We all need a little help

"Pat Rice" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with one cell I want to deplay the price from one of two
spots. How do I setup an option button so that if one is selected the price
next to that button get put in my deplay cell?
--
We all need a little help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Right click on one of your option buttons, then choose "format control".
Under the control tab, you'll see the cell link box. Make this go to
whatever cell you want. (I'll use E1, which needs to be entered as $E$1). You
could hide this cell if you want, since you're printing the form.

This cell will then change in value between 1 or 2 depending on which button
you select.

In cell A1, enter this formula:
=INDEX(B1:C1,E1)

Hope that clears things up for you.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Pat Rice" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with one cell I want to deplay the price from one of two
spots. How do I setup an option button so that if one is selected the price
next to that button get put in my deplay cell?
--
We all need a little help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Luke,

thank you ever so much, it worked, i had to do some tweeking to my
spreadsheet because the two values were not near each other and it kept
giving me problems. Now I need to figure out how to keep it from showing
Value until a cell is selected.
--
We all need a little help