Posted to microsoft.public.tw.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

Default Menu Editor

Hi,

In the old version Excel (Excel 5.0 -- yes, my company still using Windows
3.1 which is an antique), there was a tool "Menu Editor". This can change
the menu only for the specific excel file with specific macro. In other
words, each excel file can have its own menu. I can't find this tool in the
new version Excel. Would somebody tell me where it is ?

Thanks.

Billy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do you mean the Toolbars?

If so............

Right Click anywhere on the toolbars and choose "Customise"

or

View ToolBars Customise

Celtic_Avenger
:) :) :) :) :

--
Celtic_Avenge
Celtic_Avenger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1410

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Celtic Avenger

No, I am referring to the pull down menu. In the old version, I even can
remove "File" menu !

By the way, I already cross post as per other people suggested in the
newsgroup, not multi-post. Am I doing the right thing ?

Billy

"Celtic_Avenger" wrote in
message ...

Do you mean the Toolbars?

If so............

Right Click anywhere on the toolbars and choose "Customise"

or

View ToolBars Customise

Celtic_Avenger
:) :) :) :) :)

--
Celtic_Avenger
Celtic_Avenger's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=268072

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Since 97 there have been what MS call Commandbars. These refer to the menus
and the toolbars. Programmatically, it is relatively simple to manipulate
the menus via the Application.Commandbars.

If you give an example of what you want to do, we can show you some code.

--

HTH

RP

"Billy Leung" wrote in message
Celtic Avenger

No, I am referring to the pull down menu. In the old version, I even can
remove "File" menu !

By the way, I already cross post as per other people suggested in the
newsgroup, not multi-post. Am I doing the right thing ?

Billy

"Celtic_Avenger" wrote in
message ...

Do you mean the Toolbars?

If so............

Right Click anywhere on the toolbars and choose "Customise"

or

View ToolBars Customise

Celtic_Avenger
:) :) :) :) :)

--
Celtic_Avenger
Celtic_Avenger's Profile:

View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Anther method to think of might be to remove all toolbars using

Application.DisplayFormulaBar = False
Application.CommandBars("Standard").Visible = False
Application.CommandBars("Formatting").Visible = False

and others,

Then use the full screen option, and use then create a user form as
navigation and functionality menu.

Celtic_Avenger

--
Celtic_Avenge
Celtic_Avenger's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1410
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26807

Posted to microsoft.public.tw.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel

Billy

In addition to the other advice and suggestions you received........

If you still have workbooks with menus created using the Menu Editor, you may
have problems with ghost menu items when you open these in a newer version.

To get rid of the custom menus, download Jim Rech's REMOVEMENUS.ZIP file from
Stephen Bullen's site. See instructions and d/l file from:

http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP