Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating a Dashboard that will change according to KPIs

Hi,

I have been tasked with creating a spreadsheet in Excel 2000 that wil
contain a dashboard (an image that looks like a car speedo) with an
arrow that reacts to the current months KPI (Key Performace Indicator

e.g. for a bad month the arrow will show in the red part of th
dashboard, a good month the green side and inbetween, inbetween!

I have very little experiance working with the shape side of exce
programming so I was wondering if anyone could give me any links to we
pages detailling how to manipulate shapes etc.
Also if there are any dashboards out there for excel already that woul
be very helpful, and could hopefully be modified to do what i
required.

Thanks a lot for any help and advice
Jenni

--
jenni
jennie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=670

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi jennie,

Here are a couple of links to charts that look like speedos or dials.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...es.html#Speedo
http://www.andypope.info/charts/gauge.htm

Cheers
Andy

jennie wrote:

Hi,

I have been tasked with creating a spreadsheet in Excel 2000 that will
contain a dashboard (an image that looks like a car speedo) with and
arrow that reacts to the current months KPI (Key Performace Indicator)

e.g. for a bad month the arrow will show in the red part of the
dashboard, a good month the green side and inbetween, inbetween!

I have very little experiance working with the shape side of excel
programming so I was wondering if anyone could give me any links to web
pages detailling how to manipulate shapes etc.
Also if there are any dashboards out there for excel already that would
be very helpful, and could hopefully be modified to do what is
required.

Thanks a lot for any help and advice
Jennie

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jennie,

The following demonstrates the use of autoshapes to create a speedo
type of thing. Obviously you'll want to add more shapes to spruce
it up a bit.

Regards,
Vic Eldridge

Sub DemoSpeedo()

With ActiveSheet.Shapes
.AddShape(msoShapeBlockArc, 192, 133, 96, 93).Name = "Speedo"
.AddLine(191.25, 179.25, 288, 179.25).Name = "Arrow"
.AddShape(msoShapeRectangle, 192, 180, 96, 63.75).Name = "CoverUp"
End With

With ActiveSheet
.Shapes("Speedo").Adjustments.Item(2) = 0
.Shapes("Arrow").Line.EndArrowheadStyle = msoArrowheadTriangle
.Shapes("Arrow").Flip msoFlipHorizontal
.Shapes("CoverUp").Line.Visible = msoFalse
End With

For i = 1 To 5
For r = 0 To 180
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Arrow").Rotation = r
DoEvents
Next r
For r = 180 To 0 Step -1
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Arrow").Rotation = r
DoEvents
Next r
Next i

End Sub