Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating a Dashboard

Please Help Me!!!

I want to learn how to make dashboard reports. Where can I find this
information??? I currently have 2003 Excel do I have to upgrade??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not in Excel.

Perhaps you're thinking of ProClarity Dashboard Reports?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927922/en-us

If something else, provide more detail of what you are trying to accomplish.

There may be a way in Excel under a different description.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:05:00 -0700, WJM in Texas <WJM in
wrote:

Please Help Me!!!

I want to learn how to make dashboard reports. Where can I find this
information??? I currently have 2003 Excel do I have to upgrade??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Google will return multiple hits for "Excel dashboard"

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"WJM in Texas" <WJM in wrote in message
Please Help Me!!!

I want to learn how to make dashboard reports. Where can I find this
information??? I currently have 2003 Excel do I have to upgrade??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here a link to Charley's dashboard page.
http://www.exceluser.com/catalog/landdash2.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

wrote:

Please Help Me!!!

I want to learn how to make dashboard reports. Where can I find this
information??? I currently have 2003 Excel do I have to upgrade??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just keep on learnin'<g

Thanks for the direction.

Gord

wrote:

Please Help Me!!!

I want to learn how to make dashboard reports. Where can I find this
information??? I currently have 2003 Excel do I have to upgrade??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Charts would also be my choice of description.

As I say........just keep learnin'

Gord

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 13:36:34 -0400, "T. Valko" wrote:

Kids today and their slang.

We call 'em charts!

Biff

.. .

wrote:

Please Help Me!!!

I want to learn how to make dashboard reports. Where can I find this
information??? I currently have 2003 Excel do I have to upgrade??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR CLR is offline

Yeah, maybe so, but they can be a lot more interesting than just a page of
"charts"..........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

wrote:

Here is the website showing the use of dashboard reports using Exel...

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...pid=CH01105686

1033

wrote:

Please Help Me!!!

I want to learn how to make dashboard reports. Where can I find this
information??? I currently have 2003 Excel do I have to upgrade??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A little clarification might be in order.

Yes, the "glossies" always show a sheet of charts, but charts are just one
feature of many dashboards. A true dashboard is an on-line, secure,
interactive system presented to managers that may display charts, tables,
brief analyses, and key links. In essence, it presents key performance
indicators in the best way to highlight exceptional activity (both good and
bad). That way may be pie charts, bar charts, traffic lights
(red/yellow/green), narratives with hotlinked words, etc. More sophisticated
systems allow the user to click on a chart, value, or link to see the details
behind it. They aren't usually analytical tools, but instead, facilitate the
formulation of intelligent questions that are forwarded to analysts for
explanation. In the "old days" before PC's, they were a one sheet daily or
weekly summary that was commonly called a "Flash Report".

Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP