Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default File Already Open Error When Executing A Macro

What causes this?
I do not have any files stored in my XLSTART folder. I am using
non-Microsoft product to generate a report in a standard format -- th
software's custom report writing has the option to output the report t
an Excel workbook. Thus, I have a workbook full of data, but no macros
That's where the Custom Buttons I have set up in the Standard Toolba
come into play. I have tried to link these buttons to macros stored i
an .xla file on a shared network drive -- my local Microsoft AddIn
folder is empty.

When I have the non-MS product generate a workbook report and click o
one of the Custom Buttons, I get the macro security window (Disable
Enable choice) to pop up. The path displayed is to the .XLS file o
the shared drive (same folder and same name prefix). Of course,
click on 'Enable'. I then get one of two messages: the above fil
already open error; or TF Macros.xls (the appropriate .xls file name
cannot be found.

One more quirk: when creating an .xla file from an open .xls file, i
is necessary to remove the check-mark next to the name of the add-in o
the Tools-Add-Ins menu. I am guessing that Excel can handle this.

Help,
Chuckles12

--
Chuckles12