Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Shade a region in a X-Y plot!

Hello all!

Am Arun and I work for Vtec corp.
Well, a quick qn.

I constructed a line between points (0,3) and (16,3) (above an
parallel to the X Axis). Is there a way I can colour-shade the regio
bounded by the above line and the X-axis? (the X- axis is 16 units lon
and has units marked till (16,0)).

I look forward to your help guys.

Thanks a bunch in advance.

Regds,
Arun

--
aiye
aiyer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=607

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If not displayed, show the Chart toolbar. On your plot, click on the
horizontal line you added (make sure it shows as selected, with the selection
"boxes" along the length of it). On the Chart toolbar, click the chart type
button. Select an area chart. This will apply only to the series you have
selected, so your line will become an area while any other series will remain
x-y. You can shade the area however you wish.

If you still want/need the line, with markers, as well as the shading, just
add another series to duplicate the line.

"aiyer" wrote:

Hello all!

Am Arun and I work for Vtec corp.
Well, a quick qn.

I constructed a line between points (0,3) and (16,3) (above and
parallel to the X Axis). Is there a way I can colour-shade the region
bounded by the above line and the X-axis? (the X- axis is 16 units long

aiyer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=6070
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=264233