Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel, VSS & VBA ... = problems

Hi everybody,

I'm currently working on an Excel 2000 application and to avoid coding
conflicts with other developers, I recently integrated Visual Source Safe to
the developement process. To do so, I'm using an Excel addin provided by the
"Office developer" kit.

Now, the problem is : this addin is far to be perfect, and seems to have
numerous bugs. Among them :

+ the "get latest version..." command does not work properly on VBA forms
as it updates only the forms code on local document (the form design remains
the same).

+ Compilation problems : local document updates from the repository doesn't
seem to update Excel cache ... which offen causes compilation problems

+ the functionality consisting of adding comments when checking in a
document does not work.

Do someone ever encountered these issues ? How could such problems be solved
? Are they other solutions to integrate source control functionalities to VBA?

My environment is :
- Office 2000, 9.0.6926 SP-3
- Office Developer SR1

Thanks by advance,

John JOHN
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
sas sas is offline

Hello,

There is another solution that provides VBA source Control integration
with source safe. please visit www.squarewavecorp.com for details.

The software works with any VBA host acutally, once enabled.

sas