Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default The TEXT function in Excel 2000 VBA

When using the TEXT function in EXCEL 2000 VBA I get the
following error:

Compile Error: Sub or Function not found.

The TEXT fuction is in the list of VBA functions under
the Help. I have tried using the example and still get
the same error.

To get the list of functions do the following.

Go to help. Type in Functions. This should bring up the
alphabetical list. Go to the TEXT function and read the
instructions.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:00:45 -0700, "Tory Zimmerman"
wrote:

When using the TEXT function in EXCEL 2000 VBA I get the
following error:

Compile Error: Sub or Function not found.

The TEXT fuction is in the list of VBA functions under
the Help. I have tried using the example and still get
the same error.

To get the list of functions do the following.

Go to help. Type in Functions. This should bring up the
alphabetical list. Go to the TEXT function and read the
instructions.

I don't see it if I do that in XL 2002.

In VBA, Text is a PROPERTY that refers to multiple objects.

TEXT is a worksheet function in Excel, so if you want to use it as a function
in VBA, try:

Application.WorksheetFunction.Text(...

or look at the Format function in VBA.

--ron