Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Find and Delete Blank Cells Formatted as Text

I am trying to delete some rows in a monthly spend rollup. The macro applies
the AutoFilter to the whole sheet, then filters it by various factors, and
deletes all relevant rows each time. One of the screening factors is where
the imported Oracle report has nothing in the cell, save for the $ sign that
must be pulled over from Oracle. The code I am trying is:

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=3, Criteria1:=0
Rows("2:15000").Select
Selection.Delete Shift:=xlUp

The data is in Column C, which is formatted to currency. The cells/rows I am
trying to eliminate are blank, as mentioned above, except for the $ sign.
This whole column is formatted to currency, but strangely enough, ISTEXT
returns a value of true for these blank cells, ISNUMBER brings up a FALSE
value. I have tried, besides the 0 in the macro, "$", "", """" and those
rows keep showing up. I tried formatting the whole column as text, and
checking for the same values, ("$", "", """"), and I can't gte rid of those
lines.

Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Never mind. I discovered my macro still had the filter on in Column A, while
filtering results in Column C. What I was looking for would never be in both
columns, so I simply reset the filter on Column A to "All", then moved on to
filter the results in Column C.