Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can it be Done ??

Hi,
Last week I posted the question below, and was wondering if some one
could tell if it can be done as
I don't want to keep looking for the answer if it is not possible, I
appreciate any help.

regards
Pete

------------------------------

Hi All,
I have a racing site BetFair of which I want to get the odds from
and am having trouble getting the data to import even though I can copy and
paste it into excel, there are other sites where I can do this quite easily
but for some reason this site will not allow it ( for me anyway )
if after following the link you go to next horse race you will see the data
needed shown as AUD back and lay.

I am happy to do the work myself I just need any suggestions as to the best
way to do this

http://global.betfair.com/

thanks in advance for any help
regards
Pete

--
(][ This Email has been scanned by Norton AntiVirus. ][)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Pete

Unfortunately, I think copy and paste is the best way. All that info is
dynamic, so clicking links doesn't change the URL. That makes it impossible
to use a webquery or just open the web page in Excel, because the URL will
always point to the home page, not the odds page that you want.

There's probably some convoluted way that you could programmatically click
links to get to the right place, but if the web site changes even one little
thing, you'll get garbage back.

--
Dick Kusleika
MVP - Excel

"OZDOC1050" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

instead of using the normal betfair website address try this

http://lite.betfair.com

select your event and press the yellow arrow mark to get your data
works for me no prob

--
scottymellot
scottymelloty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=380