Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default remove excel-icon

Hi all,

is it possible to replace/disable/remove the excel icon (left to File) in
the most left corner of the "Worksheet Menu Bar" (where, file, edit, format
etc... can be found), if so, how can I do this

thanks in advance
Max

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Max Potters" wrote in message
is it possible to replace/disable/remove the excel icon (left to File) in
the most left corner of the "Worksheet Menu Bar" (where, file, edit,
format etc... can be found), if so, how can I do this

Hi Max,

Protect the workbook. Choose Tools/Protection/Protect Workbook from the
menu. Make sure the Windows checkbox is checked. No password required. This
will make the icon go away.

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

in addition to Rob's idea:
the icon on the menubar is actually the icon of the maximized
activeworkbook's window.

either..
try Rob's suggestion
do not maximize the window..

or you'll need some API code to replace/remove the icon.

I have a workbook with some functionality.
(application icon/window icon/taskbar icons)
Mail me if you're interested

keepITcool