Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Summing loop for multiple worksheets

I have a workbook with many different worksheets, all
have the same basic data (5 columns, many rows) Column A
is the part number, and the rest are qty's (sales,
purchase order, ect) there are many duplicate part
numbers in column A that I would like to sum up or
combind some how. Is the a macro that could fly through
all of the worksheets doing something like this?

thanks much
Brian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

3 possible solutions. None need macros...

1 - Array Formulas. Look this up in the help. It depends on how many part
numbers. I am doubting this is what you want.

2 - Subtotals. Pual all of the data on one sheet. Sort by part number and on
the data menu, select subtotals. This is not a bad option for what you want.

3 - My favorite option - Pivot Table - Once again combine all of the data
together on one sheet, or better yet in a database if you are comfortable
with that. Click on data click on pivot table. When the wizard comes up
choose follow the instructions. Place the part numbers in the right hand
column and the quantities in the middle. Select an Auto format and "Bobs your
uncle"...

If you want to do this in code it will be slow and ugly depending on what
your data looks like.