Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
HL HL is offline

Default Summing across multiple worksheets

I have the worksheets with the following column headings:
Name Acct1 Acct2 Acct3

The rows are listed for each week:
1/6/08
1/13/08
1/20/08
1/27/08

The entries are as follows:
1/6/08 John Doe $20 $100 $0
1/20/08 John Doe $0 $200 $0
1/27/08 John Doe $50 $0 $0

I have multiple worksheets (e.g. January - December) with this setup.
I need help summing the yearly totals for each person. That is to say, I
need John Doe's summation for January thru December however i don't know how
to do this.

Help please!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Presumably, the January sheet only holds January date, so just use

=SUM(January!B:D)

etc.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"HL" wrote in message
I have the worksheets with the following column headings:
Name Acct1 Acct2 Acct3

The rows are listed for each week:
1/6/08
1/13/08
1/20/08
1/27/08

The entries are as follows:
1/6/08 John Doe $20 $100 $0
1/20/08 John Doe $0 $200 $0
1/27/08 John Doe $50 $0 $0

I have multiple worksheets (e.g. January - December) with this setup.
I need help summing the yearly totals for each person. That is to say, I
need John Doe's summation for January thru December however i don't know
how
to do this.

Help please!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
HL HL is offline

Bob,
How do i sum January thur June totals for John Doe? That's the data that i
have now. Plus i want to be sure that i'm summing just John Doe and not the
other entries.

"HL" wrote in message
I have the worksheets with the following column headings:
Name Acct1 Acct2 Acct3

The rows are listed for each week:
1/6/08
1/13/08
1/20/08
1/27/08

The entries are as follows:
1/6/08 John Doe $20 $100 $0
1/20/08 John Doe $0 $200 $0
1/27/08 John Doe $50 $0 $0

I have multiple worksheets (e.g. January - December) with this setup.
I need help summing the yearly totals for each person. That is to say, I
need John Doe's summation for January thru December however i don't know
how
to do this.

Help please!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(
INDIRECT(TEXT(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),ROW(INDIRECT("1:1 2")),1),"mmmm")&"!A2:A200"),"John
Doe",
INDIRECT(TEXT(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),ROW(INDIRECT("1:1 2")),1),"mmmm")&"!B2:B200")))

the :12 designates the final minth number.

--
HTH

Bob