Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How can I do this?

Hello.

I am trying to be as clear as possible so I am sorry if
this is too long-

On "workbook 1" I have Mulitiple Columns with 5 Rows each
(b19 - b23, c19-c23...) each cell contains a dollar amount.
The first column Looks something like this-
(A15= Column A, Row 15)

A15- $15000
A16- $18000
A17- $15000
A18- $20000
A19- $18000

In "Workbook 2" I have multiple rows each with 5 columns
The First row looks something like this. (C1, C2... is the
Column and Row)

C1 C2 C3 C4
Lot 12 X X X

This would continue to C6.

This is what I want to do-
For example when I type An X on C2 on Workbook 2 I want the
amount in A15 on Workbook 1 to BOLD.

Thanks
Brian W.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

what rule relates Lot 12 1st column to the first value in column A. I
assume the C2 will equal row1, C3 = row2 where C stands for column number
(assume C2 is column B, c3 is column C). But how does lot 12 translate to
column A.

Tom Ogilvy

"Brian W" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for your reply

To make it less complicated-

I just want a cell on Workbook 1 to Change to BOLD text
when an X is typed in another cell on workbook 2.

I have a construction status worksheet (workbook 2) with
the 5 stages of construction. An X is placed when each
stage is completed.
Workbook 1 is Construction Loans that correspond to the 5
stages of construction.

When someone else Types the X on the construction Status I
want the Loan amount for that stage to BOLD.

Does that make more sense?

Thanks
Brian W.

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On "workbook 1" I have Mulitiple Columns with 5 Rows each

In "Workbook 2" I have multiple rows each with 5 columns

You have describe the interaction between a single row on Workbook2 and a
Single column on Workbook5. That was understood mechanically (you have
added some functionality to the concept). What is not clear is how a row in
workbook2 is mapped to a specific column in Workbook1. Clearly each row in
Workbook2 represents a project perhaps and so one would think the columns
inWorkbook1. the question you haven't answered is how to map the row to the
column that matches.

Tom Ogilvy

"Brian W." wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Sorry about the confustion.

It's not mapped. Or at least I don't think it is. What I
described is what I'm trying to do. Maybe I need to map
something first? I'm not quite sure what that means. They
are just 2 seperate workbooks right now.

I just thought I would have to use some kind of boldindex
function or something.

Thanks
Brian