Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default copy to another wb and name the target sheet (XL2000)

Thanks for the reply Ron de Bruin and Bernie,
I want to apologize for not being clear on my first post.

Ron de Bruin,
I thought that my code would allow me to name the target but instead (i
think)it allows me to choose the target worksheet.
Currently, with the sub below, I run the macro I get the Inputbox, I
give it a name but when I check the target there is no data and no name
on the sheet.

Bernie,
I hope this answers your questions.

thanks,
Robert

Sub copy_to_another_workbook()

Dim sourceRange As Range
Dim destrange As Range
Dim destWB As Workbook
Dim Lr As Long
Dim destSheet As String
Dim wksName As String

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

If bIsBookOpen("test_target.xls") Then
Set destWB = Workbooks("test_target.xls")
Else
Set destWB = Workbooks.Open("C:\Documents and
Settings\test_target.xls")
End If
wksName = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Copy to what sheet: ",
Type:=2)

If wksName = flase Then
'do nothing
Else
On Error GoTo eind

Lr = LastRow(destWB.Sheets("wksname")) + 1
Set sourceRange =
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("DATA_TEST").Range("A1:C10")
Set destrange = destWB.Sheets("wksName").Range("A" & Lr)
sourceRange.Copy
destrange.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues, , False, False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
destWB.Close True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End If
Exit Sub
eind:
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Robert

Do you want to copy the cells on a new sheet and give it a name?.
In my example you must fill in a existing sheet.name

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"robert burger" wrote in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron de Bruin,
yes i want copy the source sheet range and paste it in a target sheet
and give that target sheet a name.

Come to think of it, I guess it's not really a target but a new sheet
since a target would already have a name?

Robert

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Use this then

Sub copy_to_another_workbook()

Dim sourceRange As Range
Dim destSheet As Worksheet
Dim destrange As Range
Dim destWB As Workbook
Dim wksName As Variant

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

If bIsBookOpen("test_target.xls") Then
Set destWB = Workbooks("test_target.xls")
Else
Set destWB = Workbooks.Open("C:\Documents and Settings\test_target.xls")
End If

wksName = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Copy to what sheet:", Type:=2)
If wksName = False Then
'do nothing
Else
Set sourceRange = ThisWorkbook.Sheets("DATA_TEST").Range("A1:C10")

On Error Resume Next
Set destSheet = destWB.Worksheets.Add
destSheet.Name = wksName
On Error GoTo 0
Set destrange = destSheet.Range("A1")

sourceRange.Copy
destrange.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues, , False, False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
'destWB.Close True
End If

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"robert burger" wrote in message ...

Ron de Bruin,
yes i want copy the source sheet range and paste it in a target sheet
and give that target sheet a name.

Come to think of it, I guess it's not really a target but a new sheet
since a target would already have a name?

Robert

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ron de Bruin,
Thank you very much. Your code works perfectly!
have a great weekend!

Robert.