Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default copy to another wb and name the target sheet (XL2000)

Hi Robert

Do you want to copy the cells on a new sheet and give it a name?.
In my example you must fill in a existing sheet.name

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"robert burger" wrote in message ...
Thanks for the reply Ron de Bruin and Bernie,
I want to apologize for not being clear on my first post.

Ron de Bruin,
I thought that my code would allow me to name the target but instead (i
think)it allows me to choose the target worksheet.
Currently, with the sub below, I run the macro I get the Inputbox, I
give it a name but when I check the target there is no data and no name
on the sheet.

Bernie,
I hope this answers your questions.

thanks,
Robert

Sub copy_to_another_workbook()

Dim sourceRange As Range
Dim destrange As Range
Dim destWB As Workbook
Dim Lr As Long
Dim destSheet As String
Dim wksName As String

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

If bIsBookOpen("test_target.xls") Then
Set destWB = Workbooks("test_target.xls")
Else
Set destWB = Workbooks.Open("C:\Documents and
Settings\test_target.xls")
End If
wksName = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Copy to what sheet: ",
Type:=2)

If wksName = flase Then
'do nothing
Else
On Error GoTo eind

Lr = LastRow(destWB.Sheets("wksname")) + 1
Set sourceRange =
ThisWorkbook.Sheets("DATA_TEST").Range("A1:C10")
Set destrange = destWB.Sheets("wksName").Range("A" & Lr)
sourceRange.Copy
destrange.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues, , False, False
Application.CutCopyMode = False
destWB.Close True
Application.ScreenUpdating = True
End If