Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default quick question on a checkbox

I am fairly new at this... and my VB with excel book is in the mail :(

Here is my question. I have a sheet that has a checkbox on it.
would like to have a value in another cell change given the checkbox i
checked/unchecked.

Here is the logic (this may also be able to be done outside of VB):

If checkbox1 is checked, cell A1 should read:"check box is checked"

If checkbox1 is not checked cell A1 should read:"check box is no
checked"

I know this is easy but I have not good reference for now. Any help i
appreciated.

-Eri

--
eluehman
eluehmann's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1309

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

link the checkbox to the cell underneath it. For a control toolbox toolbar
checkbox, this can be done in the properties window using the linked cell
propert: Sheet1!C1 (Assume the checkbox is above C1)

in A1 you would have a formula

=if(C1,"Checkbox is checked","Checkbox is unchecked")

Tom Ogilvy

"eluehmann" wrote in message

I am fairly new at this... and my VB with excel book is in the mail :(

Here is my question. I have a sheet that has a checkbox on it. I
would like to have a value in another cell change given the checkbox is
checked/unchecked.

Here is the logic (this may also be able to be done outside of VB):

If checkbox1 is checked, cell A1 should read:"check box is checked"

If checkbox1 is not checked cell A1 should read:"check box is not
checked"

I know this is easy but I have not good reference for now. Any help is
appreciated.

-Eric

--
eluehmann