Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Call from a Main program

Hi,

I'm working with Excel files as follow:

Main Excel file with one Visual Basic macro.
This macro:
- Open other Excel files
- Run program (the VB commands are from the main file)
- Close and save
- Going to the next file. and so on, for all files.

My question:

I have Visual Basic macro in the other files (not in the
main) - Called RSI

I would like to write from the Main program:
- Open file "abc" (I know how to do that)
- Run RSI (this is my question, how to write it)
and after finish RSI, bring back the control to
the Main program.

Again, the RSI is Not in the Main Excel file
But I would like to call RSI from the Main program

I tried Call RSI but it did not work.

Thank you,

Haim.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Hi,

Sorry.

I did not understand the answer.

What is Application.Run?
(Did not find this VB command in the VB help)

Also, did not understand what you mean
when you wrote:
"using Google it in this newsgroup. Examples abound!"

Thank you.

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you type "Run" in a code window or the Immediate window in the VBA
editor, put your cursor on it, and press F1, (if online Help is installed,)
Help will open to the documentation about the Run method of the Excel
Application object.

"using Google it in this newsgroup. Examples abound!"

I should have said "search this newsgroup using Google" or "Look it
up...using Google in this newsgroup".

Google Groups: http://groups.google.com/grphp?hl=en

Search for: Application.Run macro

You can search microsoft.public.excel.programming at:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e....program ming

Part of "Run" entry From Help
"Runs a macro or calls a function. This can be used to run a macro written
in Visual Basic or the Microsoft Excel macro language, or to run a function
in a DLL or XLL.

expression.Run(Macro, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, Arg4, Arg5, Arg6, Arg7, Arg8, Arg9,
Arg10, Arg11, Arg12, Arg13, Arg14, Arg15, Arg16, Arg17, Arg18, Arg19, Arg20,
Arg21, Arg22, Arg23, Arg24, Arg25, Arg26, Arg27, Arg28, Arg29, Arg30)

expression Required. An expression that returns an Application object.

Macro Optional Variant. The macro to run. This can be either a string with
the macro name, a Range object indicating where the function is, or a
register ID for a registered DLL (XLL) function. If a string is used, the
string will be evaluated in the context of the active sheet.

Arg1-Arg30 Optional Variant. The arguments that should be passed to the
function."

when you wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,

I would like to thank you.

This will help me.

Thank you and
all the best,

Haim.

If you type "Run" in a code window or the Immediate

window in the VBA
editor, put your cursor on it, and press F1, (if online

Help is installed,)
Help will open to the documentation about the Run method

of the Excel
Application object.

"using Google it in this newsgroup. Examples abound!"

I should have said "search this newsgroup using Google"

or "Look it
up...using Google in this newsgroup".

Google Groups: http://groups.google.com/grphp?hl=en

Search for: Application.Run macro

You can search microsoft.public.excel.programming at:
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ang_en&ie=UTF-

8&newwindow=1&group=microsoft.public.excel.program ming