Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pl help - Graphical Indicators in Excel reports

Hello mates

I have a request for help. In my excel report I have a
column (contains around 300 rows) which reports status of
projects. For example the Satus of the project can be "on
Track", "critical", "Delayed", "Awaiting for resorces" etc
I want to represent this with a coloured button. For
example if the status is "On Track" then I would like to
represent this as a green colour button. similarly
for "critical" a black button etc.

The code I am looking for is to check the cell and if the
text is equal to "on Track" then change it to a green
button automatically for the whole spreadsheet. If it
is "critical" then to a black button etc and so on.It does
not matter if the buttons go in to a separate column.

I tried hard but I don't seem to get it right. Please can
anybody help me.

Thanks in advance

Audrey T
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If its just a list.. then you can set conditional format depending on the
value of the cell to a specific color.. I have several tools that do this.
If you want to change button colors.. the setup a macro that modifies the
button's font color upon a value set in a specific cell.

Dennis