Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Remove reference from code

My VBA project has a reference to an xla - lets call it external.xla. Not all
users of my VBA project has this xla installed. Is there any way to check the
existence of the xla from my code when the VBA project is opened. If it exist
it is placed in the folder C:\xlaStore.

If the xla does not exist I would like to remove the reference or perhaps
just ignore it in some way.

Thanks
The Doctor
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
if dir("C:\xlaStore\external.xla") = "" then
- xla does not exist
End if

Tom Ogilvy

"Dr.Schwartz" wrote in message
My VBA project has a reference to an xla - lets call it external.xla. Not

all
users of my VBA project has this xla installed. Is there any way to check

the
existence of the xla from my code when the VBA project is opened. If it

exist
it is placed in the folder C:\xlaStore.

If the xla does not exist I would like to remove the reference or perhaps
just ignore it in some way.

Thanks
The Doctor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://support.microsoft.com/default...29&Product=xlw
XL2000: How to Programmatically Create a Reference

shows how to both add and remove a reference.