Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Remove a reference

Hi
I have added an reference to an XLA file at
C:\Temp\MyFile.xla, but when I wanted to change the
location of the file to C:\MyProg\MyFile.xla....it fails.
Excel always points to the old one! How do I change the
location of a refernece?
Best regards
/Niklas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Niklas,

From my understanding to your issue, does this reference mean add one hyperlink in one cell or some thing else? If it is the hyperlink, you can right-
click the hyperlink and select "edit the hyperlink" to specify another file.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Microsoft NewsGroup!

Wei-Dong Xu
Microsoft Product Support Services

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
I have selected a XLA file in ToolsReferences and later
on I have copyed the file to a new location.
I go into ToolsReferences and diselect the old file and
browse the new file. When I click OK and go back to
ToolsReference, the reference still points to the old
file. I have to physicly delete the old file before I can
move the reference to a new location.
Best regards
/Niklas

mean add one hyperlink in one cell or some thing else? If
it is the hyperlink, you can right-
click the hyperlink and select "edit the hyperlink" to

specify another file.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Microsoft NewsGroup!

Wei-Dong Xu
Microsoft Product Support Services

confers no rights.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Niklas,

Thank you for replying!

Does that issue still remain? If so, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you for using Microsoft NewsGroup!

Wei-Dong Xu
Microsoft Product Support Services

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
Yes, it still remains. It is not possible to registera XLA
file in Tools-References and then move the file to
another folder. Your XLS file will still point to the
first XLA file.
Best regards
/Niklas

Does that issue still remain? If so, please feel free to

let me know.

Thank you for using Microsoft NewsGroup!

Wei-Dong Xu
Microsoft Product Support Services

confers no rights.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Niklas,

Thank you for replying!

Based on my experience on this issue, I'd suggest you put the xla file with your xls file in the same directory. There is one kb article for you on this
issue which may give you one workaround for this issue. Please go to:
214333 XL2000: References Are Missing After Moving Files from Windows to
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=214333

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions.

Does this answer your question? Thank you for using Microsoft NewsGroup!

Wei-Dong Xu
Microsoft Product Support Services

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Niklas,

Thank you for replying!

You are very welcome!

Thank you once more for using Microsoft NewsGroup!