Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mkerstei

Default Remove previous file reference

Hi,
I currently am working on editing a template on of my coworkers had
edited and needed some changes to. Unfortunately, the spreadsheet is
automatically prompting for a file that it no longer uses. There is no
reference to it within the file itself, meaning I believe it it looking
for previous code or something. The current file has no use for this
referenced file though, so I need to get rid of it so it stops
prompting the user to find the useless file. Any ideas?

--
mkerstei
mkerstei's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25688

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
macropod

Hi mkerstei,

Does the old file still show up if you use Edit|Links? If so, you still have
a reference to it. The reference could be in a formula (most likely), a
defined name or a macro.

You cab use Edit|Find to search each worksheet for the filename in a
formula, Insert|Name to look for it in a defined name or Alt-F8 to see if
there's a macro with a reference to it.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"mkerstei" wrote in
message ...

Hi,
I currently am working on editing a template on of my coworkers had
edited and needed some changes to. Unfortunately, the spreadsheet is
automatically prompting for a file that it no longer uses. There is no
reference to it within the file itself, meaning I believe it it looking
for previous code or something. The current file has no use for this
referenced file though, so I need to get rid of it so it stops
prompting the user to find the useless file. Any ideas?

--
mkerstei
mkerstei's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=549048

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mkerstei

You got it...it was a named range. i can't believe I missed that.
Thanks for your help.