Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default AutoFill of empty cells

Dear community,

I have the following problem that I would like to solve with a macro type
solution. I do export data from an application into an Excel spreadsheet.
Unfortunately, the export is done in a way that not each row contains data in
every cell (NULL values). What I need is an AutoFill functionality that looks
up the first entry in a data array and copy this to the other cells. Here is
an example:

Row 1: A 100 John Doe 1500.00
Row 2: 700.00
Row 3: B 110 Jane Doe 600.00
Row 4: 300.00
Row 5: 500.00
Row 6: C 120 Jimmy Lee 400.00

Now, row 2 should look like this and Row 4 and 5 accordingly:
Row 2: A 100 John Doe 700.00
Row 4: B 110 Jane Doe 300.00
Row 5: B 110 Jane Doe 500.00

Any help is very much appreciated!