Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default I want the autofill/drag function to skip empty cells

I have column D set up to calculate an hourly average based on 4 data points
in Column C. Therefore, Column D only has values every 4 rows (i.e. D6, D10,
D14, D18, etc). Since column D had hourly averages for the entire quarter, I
want to create a shorter summary page for each month of the hourly averages.
I entered in the following in Column F:

F1:=D6 (i.e. F1 is equal to value in D6)
F2:=D10
F3:=D14
F4:=D18
etc

I tried highlighting these cells and dragging them hoping that Excel would
continue to the trend but it didn't work. Is there a way to set it up for
Excel to automatically fill this via a certain equation or function or do
will I have to reference all the D cells manually to create my summary table?

--
Thanks