Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I use ISERROR with VLOOKUP function?

Hi there,
Could you please tell me if I can use ISERROR with IF and VLOOKUP function.
I am maintaining a spreadsheet which monitors a multitude of projects. These
projects have their own ROs (Responsible Officers) and each ROs have several
Projects running at the same time.

I am required to forward the table of their individual Project Monitoring
Table at the end of each month. I delete the Columns that is not applicable
to them. I have used a very simple VLOOKUP function to extract the datas
from the Main Table and into seperate ROs (individual sheets)

=IF(VLOOKUP(MainTable!A83,Art7_Area,17,FALSE)=""," ",VLOOKUP(MainTable!A83,Art7_Area,13,FALSE))

I have also used the absolute method!

This unfortunately gives me the exact data in the Main Table. I then have
to select only the Rows pertaining to each RO. I them fill the formulla down
and the same action with all the rest of the 15 Responsible Officers. Each
of them at the moment have their own sheet.

1, Is there a better way of writing this?
2. How can I avoid the #N/A and #DIV/0 error messages?

Very much obliged for your advice.
Prabha