Carole O

Default ISERROR VLOOKUP

I have a Sales table and a Product table. If the item #(column C) in the
Sales table does not match an item #(column A) in the Product table:

1) I do not want it written to a Match table(column A), if true, I do.
2) I want the next match to be directly below the last match.

I've tried variations of ISERROR(VLOOKUP)... and ISNA - but just don't know
enough to get it right!

TIA,

Carole O
Biff

Hi1

I have a Sales table and a Product table. If the item #(column C) in the
Sales table does not match an item #(column A) in the Product table:
1) I do not want it written to a Match table(column A), if true, I do.

Hmmm....

That's the way all lookup formulas work. If the lookup value is not found
the formula returns #N/A unless you have written the formula in such a way
that it returns some other value such as a blank ("") or a zero.

2) I want the next match to be directly below the last match.

Hmmm....

I think you need to be more specific as to what you are trying to do.

Biff