Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default color index

Does anyone know how I can find the color numbers in VB Excel for the
color index. For example, for the color aqua?

Thanks.

Marina Madeleine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have a look 'here.
(http://www.personal-computer-tutor.c...v18/chad18.htm) . Th
article is about conditional formatting, but there's a colour chart o
there. Hope that helps.

marina madeleine Wrote:
Does anyone know how I can find the color numbers in VB Excel for the
color index. For example, for the color aqua?

Thanks.

Marina Madeleine

Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it

--
madblok
madbloke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1442

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Marina,
you can find the color index in the visual basic help.
Enter "colorindex" and you get the description for the use
of the available numbers. For aqua it might be number 50.

Anne

Does anyone know how I can find the color numbers in VB

Excel for the
color index. For example, for the color aqua?

Thanks.

Marina Madeleine

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com

***
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Marina,

If you mean colour numbers 0 to 1677215 these can be
returned with a simple routine:

Sub CxToCvalue()
Dim i As Byte
For i = 1 To 56
Cells(i, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = i
Cells(i, 2) = i
Next
End Sub

There is no direct way to return any information about the
colour descriptions (eg Aqua) you see in the tooltips when
you hover over the palette. But you may find links in this
NG to code which includes "hardcoded" details relating to
the colour descriptions.

There are eight intuitively named "Color Constants", eg
MsgBox vbYellow, , vbRed

Also 0 to 15 colours with the "QBColor" function (does not
include Aqua!)

Regards,
Peter

Does anyone know how I can find the color numbers in VB

Excel for the
color index. For example, for the color aqua?

Thanks.

Marina Madeleine

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com

***
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

I found the following site invaluable when finding out th
RGB/Hex/names for colours!

http://www.geocities.com/davemcritchie/excel/colors.htm

Hope it helps you!!

Thanks,

MoonWeaze

--
MoonWeaze
MoonWeazel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=211

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Actually this is the page that is being maintained.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm
the page on geocities is not being updated. It is the
56 ColorIndex numbers that are important in Excel.
---
HTH,

"MoonWeazel" wrote in message ...

Hi,

I found the following site invaluable when finding out the
RGB/Hex/names for colours!

http://www.geocities.com/davemcritchie/excel/colors.htm

Hope it helps you!!

Thanks,