Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help in color index function

Hello,
I want to give conditional formatting for a cell, based on background
color of another cell without using VBA?
I know far sure using VBA we can do it, but without using VBA, i want
to perform this....
This example would help to u/s better....
if cell A2 has been shaded "yello color" then I want cell B2 to be
shaded "red color"...
Can you'll please help me on this???

Thanks in advance!
Srikanth
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not possible without VBA unless you can use the same criteria that made you
colour it yellow
in the first place

Peo Sjoblom

wrote in message
Hello,
I want to give conditional formatting for a cell, based on background
color of another cell without using VBA?
I know far sure using VBA we can do it, but without using VBA, i want
to perform this....
This example would help to u/s better....
if cell A2 has been shaded "yello color" then I want cell B2 to be
shaded "red color"...
Can you'll please help me on this???

Thanks in advance!
Srikanth

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

you must use macro or special function writen separatelly. The only way i
know of is to use asap-utilities (search web for it). It installs the
function that will allow you to do taht via formula like:
=asapinteriorcolorindex()

good luck