Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default UserForm code help needed.

Very helpful, and it works exactly as you say.

Getting slightly more technical now, I have set the combobox to have
default setting (so it doesnt appear blank when the form i
initialized). Also, one of the Textboxes has today's date inpu
automatically. However, when the form resets using your code, thes
things disappear. I've tried deleting the line that sets the control
to "", but that leaves everything (even the user typed entries)

Is there a simple way around this, or would it involve some seriou
(and probably waaaay over my head!) coding? I'm kind of learning VBA o
the fly, and I'm finding these examples VERY useful. Thanks to all wh
are trying to help a complete novice!

dude Wrote:
a combobox is a control - you should be able to read data
in to your array in same way.
If you create a test form as suggested. Add a combobox in
place of one of the textboxes (remember to add the button
on your form as last item (it's a control as well!)) Run
the form & add test data. It should place data from both
text & comboboxes into the worksheet.

hope helpful

--
madblok
madbloke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1442

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

keeping things simple, you could:

add an if test like:
If na < 1 or na < 3 Then
Controls(na) =""
End if
in your For next loop to exclude the combo / textboxes you
want to keep the values from being deleted
or
you could after the For loop just place the data back in eg

Textbox1.Text = date

Hope helps
Very helpful, and it works exactly as you say.

Getting slightly more technical now, I have set the

combobox to have a
default setting (so it doesnt appear blank when the form

is
initialized). Also, one of the Textboxes has today's date

input
automatically. However, when the form resets using your

code, these
things disappear. I've tried deleting the line that sets

the controls
to "", but that leaves everything (even the user typed

entries)

Is there a simple way around this, or would it involve

some serious
(and probably waaaay over my head!) coding? I'm kind of

learning VBA on
the fly, and I'm finding these examples VERY useful.

Thanks to all who

dude Wrote:
a combobox is a control - you should be able to read

data
in to your array in same way.
If you create a test form as suggested. Add a combobox

in
place of one of the textboxes (remember to add the

button
on your form as last item (it's a control as well!)) Run
the form & add test data. It should place data from both
text & comboboxes into the worksheet.

hope helpful

--
madbloke