Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA code for Userform

I want to create a Userform with Excel 97 that includes:
- 1 combobox cmdDay indicating Day (1-31)
- 1 combobox cmbMonth indicating Month (Ene-Dic) (=
Spanish format!)
- 1 checkbox indicating whether I should include a
directory
- 1 checkbox indicating whether I should include another
directory.
-1 textbox which should represent selection of combox
cmdDay
-1 textbox which should represent selection of combox
cmdMonth

Questions:

1) Can anybody provide sample code to get Combobox
cmbMonth filled with name of months?

Should be similar to:
With cmbDay
For i = 1 To 31
.AddItem (i)
Next
End With

2) What VBA code gets selection of combobox into the
textbox? (ie. textBox.Text = cmbMonth.Value?)

3) If I create Userform with names and then try executing
code, what means error "Variable not defined"?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1) one way:

cmbMonth.List = Array("January","February",...,"December")

or

Dim i As Long
With cmbMonth
For i = 1 To 12
.AddItem Format(DateSerial(1, i, 1), "mmmm")
Next i
End With

2)
Private Sub cmbMonth_Change()
TextBox1.Text = cmbMonth.Value
End Sub

3) It means that you've set Option Explict, which requires that all
variables be declared in a Dim (or Static, Public, etc.) statement.

In article ,
"Martin Los" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Dear J.E. McGimpsey

Thanks a 1.000.000 for your help..which has got me going
working again!

Yours sincerely

Martin Los

"Martin Los" wrote:

[...]

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don't know if this would work for you. An Array of month names
(January...December) comes built-in as Custom list #4 (U.S. English) Don't
know about foreign language though.

cmdDay.List() = [Row(1:31)]
cmdMonth.List() = Application.GetCustomListContents(4)

HTH.
--
Dana DeLouis
Using Windows XP & Office XP

"Martin Los" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just for every body's information
An Array of month names
(January...December) comes built-in as Custom list #4 (U.S. English)

It's same in Japanese version as well.

--
With best regards,
Colo

Colo VBA guy! of 'The Road of The Cell Masters' :)

URL:http://www.interq.or.jp/sun/puremis/...astersLink.htm