Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calculate the time difference in minutes

Benjamin Davis,
Use the formula =D1-C1 and format the cell
FormatCellsNumber
select Custom from Category
and in the "Type:" box put
[m] or [m]:ss
HTH
Cecil

"Benjamin Davis" wrote in message
I want to be able to enter a start time in cell A1 finish time in B1 and
in C1 have the difference in minutes displayed. So far I have this
PLAN ACTUAL Start Time Finish Time
MINUTES MINUTES
12:00 20:00 1:15 1:35

50.28 71:00 1:35 2:46

42.81 39:00 2:46 3:25

11.48 13:00 3:25 3:38

19.80 22:00 3:38 4:00

136.67 165:00

I have plan time for the job in cell A1 The actual time is a subtraction
resulting from the start time in C1 being subtracted from the finish
time in D1. My problem is if I enter times in the AM or PM say 1300
start and 1345 finish it should tell me 45 minutes have elapsed or all
hours should be converted to minutes such as 1 hour 10 minutes would be
70 minutes.

Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

format the cell

format=Cells=Number Tab

go to custom

[mm]

this leaves a time value in the cell

or, you can use
=hour(cell)*60+minute(cell)

where cell would represent your current formula in the cell.

this leave an integer equal to the number of minutes in the cell.
Tom Ogilvy