Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Default Conditional Formatting

I need to get the whole row to conditionally format to
the colour depending on the number not just the row of
the column.

Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sure it is possible. Darn near anything is possible, it is just that some
things are not worth doing. In this case it is fairly easy.

You need to use the formula option, not the cell option. select a single
cell and conditional format it with a formula that looks something like this:

=if($A1 100, True, False)

Once you get it just right you can copy it and pastespecial it as a format
for the rows you want.

The $ sign before the Column Letter is Critical. This will set the column
absolute. You do not want to set the row absolute or it will not copy down
rows correctly.

Hope this helps...

" wrote:

[...]

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

So for 5 colours for 5 numbers would I have to specify
under true 5 times the colour refrence something like
this?

=if($C5 = 1, True then Red, False);=if($C5 = 2, True then
Orange, False);etc etc

Please give me more on how I would structure this for
conditional formatting for a row rather then just row in
a column

thanks again

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For 5 colors you cannot use Conditional Formatting. Conditional
Formatting is limited to 3 colors (plus default). You can play with the
font with normal cell formatting in some cases but that would only be
for one cell. Read more about Conditional Formatting
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm

But you will have to rethink about the 5 colors if you wand C.F.;
otherwise, you can use an Event macro. When you want to
color the entire row you use entirerow see an example
of a case statement.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#case
But that is basically the answer, you want to read the top
of that page as well.
---
HTH,

" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have created another example for Event Change coloring,
this one will color the entire row based on the content of a column.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm#case_row
---
HTH,