Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macros create temp files

we are using windows 98 in our office, which is known for having problems
with file build-up in the temp folder. so we clean out that folder every
day. my problem is that i've set up a form in excel, using many macros and
when our employees use this form, the macros create literally hundreds of
temp files, which slows the computer down to the point that it is very
frustrating to use the form. of course, we can delete these files when we
exit excel, but that does nothing to improve the speed while we are trying to
use the form.

anyone else run into this?

it appears to be the macros that are creating the excessive files--because
they show up in the temp folder after one has been run.

help!
kari
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are other programs that use the windows temp folder. For that reason, I
keep a shortcut on my desktop to clean it up (on demand).

Here's where I got the VBS code:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp02

--

Dave Peterson