Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sending e-mail - Ron, you still there?

Could you please help me with one more thing? I have 10 files within a
folder. Within each file is a click_event that calls you CDO send email
code. When the click event is executed on each file, I would like a single
e-mail sent to one individual. That part is pretty easy.

Now the tough part - I would also like another e-mail sent to a different
individual when ALL of the files within the folder have executed the click
event. Any ideas? I've been beating my head against a wall trying to
figure this out....and needless to say, my head is getting quite sore!

Cheers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Steph

Can't you open the 10 files in a loop (macro) and check your condition for sending a mail (yes or no)
if your condition is 10 * yes we can send the last mail also then.

Is this a option for you?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Steph" wrote in message ...
Could you please help me with one more thing? I have 10 files within a
folder. Within each file is a click_event that calls you CDO send email
code. When the click event is executed on each file, I would like a single
e-mail sent to one individual. That part is pretty easy.

Now the tough part - I would also like another e-mail sent to a different
individual when ALL of the files within the folder have executed the click
event. Any ideas? I've been beating my head against a wall trying to
figure this out....and needless to say, my head is getting quite sore!

Cheers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron,

Yes and no. The user will be initiating the click event. The initial
e-mail goes off pretty transparent to the user. Won't opening all 10 files
to check the condition be somewhat obvious and time consuming? I was hoping
for something to run transparent to the user.

For instance, maybe every time a click event is triggered, something is
written to an external file? So the macro will only have to open the 1 file
to check the condition?

My problem is I'm somewhat good at thinking up hypothetical situations that
souns somewhat easy, but I haven't a clue how to program them!!

Is what I mentioned an easy thing to do?