Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Form Error & Q's

In VB im trying to create a form. I have a few questions....

1) How do I assign the control box to a cell for the data to be populated in
the worksheet.
2) In combobox, how do I assign the input control to a range in another
worksheet so it contains the selections to pick from.
3) This has happened to me twice. I enter a word for the name of a control
button, such as OK or Type. VB gives me an error message of invalid name,
and then freezes with eh dialog box open. I can not click on ok or cancel.
I have to shut down excel and I loose all my changes?????

thanks.... tim

PS, is there is a good help/examples link that would help with forms... that
would be great!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1) ControlCell property Sheet1!A1

2) rowsource property Sheet3!F1:F20

3) Not sure why those would be invalid, but try cmdOK or cmdType

How to use Visual Basic for Applications examples to control UserForms in
Microsoft Excel

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=168067
XL97: WE1163: "Visual Basic Examples for Controlling UserForms"

Microsoft(R) Visual Basic(R) for Applications Examples for Controlling
UserForms in Microsoft Excel 97

This Application Note is an introduction to manipulating UserForms in
Microsoft Excel 97. It includes examples and Microsoft Visual Basic for
Applications macros that show you how to take advantage of the capabilities
of UserForms and use each of the ActiveX controls that are available for
UserForms

http://www.microsoft.com/ExcelDev/Articles/sxs11pt1.htm
Lesson 11: Creating a Custom Form
Excerpted from Microsoft® Excel 97 Visual Basic® Step by Step.

John Walkenbach's site:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/userformtips.htm
Userform Tips

Peter Aiken Articles:

watch word wrap. the URL should all be one line.
Part I
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...FormsPartI.asp
Part II
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...ormsPartII.asp