Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default =Why AddIns.Installed can be out of range=

Sub BBBB()
If AddIns("Analysis ToolPak").Installed = False Then
MsgBox "Analysis ToolPak is not installed"

Worked fine for me as did
? application.AddIns("Analysis Toolpak").Name
ANALYS32.XLL

Tom Ogilvy

"hcova" wrote in message
I am trying to verify if the Analysis Tollpak is installed with the

following
sentence:

If AddIns("Analysis ToolPak").Installed = False Then
MsgBox "Analysis ToolPak is not installed"
End If

The problem is that I receive a error when I run this code. In the first
line, VBA stops telling me "Subindex out of interval", making reference to
the string argument.
If I replace the argument of the AddIns property by for example an 1, I
don“t receive the error box. It works!!. However, if you check the online
help there are many examples where the AddIns property can accept strings

and
numbers as argument.
Where I am making the error?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default AddIns.Installed out of range or not installable...

Tom,
You're my hero if you can explain what I missed in the following code. On
Set wbMyAddin line, user is getting error 1004: analys32.xll could not be
found....
Doing F8 to step thru shows error on preceding Set command is 9 (not open).

Sub AddinTest()
' Add and install this addin
' On Error Resume Next ' turn off error checking
Set wbMyAddin = Workbooks(AddIns("Analysis ToolPak").Name)
lastError = Err
On Error GoTo 0 ' restore error checking
If lastError < 0 Then ' the add-in workbook isn't currently open.
Manually open it.
Set wbMyAddin = Workbooks.Open(AddIns("Analysis ToolPak").FullName)

"hcova" wrote in message
I am trying to verify if the Analysis Tollpak is installed with the

following
sentence:

If AddIns("Analysis ToolPak").Installed = False Then
MsgBox "Analysis ToolPak is not installed"
End If

The problem is that I receive a error when I run this code. In the first
line, VBA stops telling me "Subindex out of interval", making reference to
the string argument.
If I replace the argument of the AddIns property by for example an 1, I
donĀ“t receive the error box. It works!!. However, if you check the online
help there are many examples where the AddIns property can accept strings

and
numbers as argument.
Where I am making the error?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"jenelle" wrote in message
Tom,
You're my hero if you can explain what I missed in the following code. On
Set wbMyAddin line, user is getting error 1004: analys32.xll could not be
found....
Doing F8 to step thru shows error on preceding Set command is 9 (not

open).

Sub AddinTest()
' Add and install this addin
' On Error Resume Next ' turn off error checking
Set wbMyAddin = Workbooks(AddIns("Analysis ToolPak").Name)
lastError = Err
On Error GoTo 0 ' restore error checking
If lastError < 0 Then ' the add-in workbook isn't currently

open.
Manually open it.
Set wbMyAddin = Workbooks.Open(AddIns("Analysis

ToolPak").FullName)

Maybe you have a non english version of Excel. Have you tried to activate
the analysis toolpak manually? What name was displayed? You can turn on the
macro recorder before you do this, that will show you the name.

/Fredrik

addins KRK New Users to Excel 1 March 18th 10 07:34 PM
addins & UDF yshridhar Excel Worksheet Functions 1 August 25th 07 09:23 AM
AddIns Sunday88310 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 August 2nd 07 04:04 AM
Addins Tim[_3_] Charts and Charting in Excel 0 April 27th 07 12:33 AM
addins Juggernath[_2_] Excel Programming 3 February 28th 04 12:04 PM