Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Opening a workbook at a specific sheet

I have a workbook with various worksheets in it. To force Excel to
open it at a a specific sheet I use code like this in the Workbook
Open event:

Sheets("MySheet").Activate

This works, but the users get prompted to accept Macros. Can I get
rid of this prompt?

Nirmal
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nirmal

get rid of this prompt?

The only simple way is that the user have security to low

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Nirmal Singh" wrote in message ...
I have a workbook with various worksheets in it. To force Excel to
open it at a a specific sheet I use code like this in the Workbook
Open event:

Sheets("MySheet").Activate

This works, but the users get prompted to accept Macros. Can I get
rid of this prompt?

Nirmal

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

hi,
you will have to change the security level of the file.
goto ToolsmacroSecurity...
the options are high, medium or low. set to low the enable
macro box will not pop up.
Consider the full ramifications before deciding.

I have a workbook with various worksheets in it. To

force Excel to
open it at a a specific sheet I use code like this in the

Workbook
Open event:

Sheets("MySheet").Activate

This works, but the users get prompted to accept Macros.

Can I get
rid of this prompt?

Nirmal
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you are working in-house and the other members of your team can trust you,
create a digital certificate for yourself -- run "Selfcert.exe" which you
will probably find in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office.

Once you have created your certificate go into the macro editor and select
Tools/Digital Signature from the menu. Select your certificate and resave
your macro.

When you now send it out for others they will be asked on the first occasion
whether the macro should be enabled but there is also a tick box to enable
them to always trust you. If they select that box they will never be troubled
with that opening dialogue again either with this macro or any other macro
that you sign with the same certificate.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dude, nice (and simple)! Thanks!!
--
Toby Erkson
Oregon, USA

"dowensan" wrote in message
If you are working in-house and the other members of your team can trust

you,
create a digital certificate for yourself -- run "Selfcert.exe" which you
will probably find in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office.

Once you have created your certificate go into the macro editor and select
Tools/Digital Signature from the menu. Select your certificate and resave
your macro.

When you now send it out for others they will be asked on the first occasion
whether the macro should be enabled but there is also a tick box to enable
them to always trust you. If they select that box they will never be

troubled
with that opening dialogue again either with this macro or any other macro
that you sign with the same certificate.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hrm...maybe I wrote too soon...

The check box "Always trust macros from this source" is grayed out on a users
machine I tested on (when the Security Warning message box pops up). Mine is
enabled, though...?!? How to fix?

--
Toby Erkson
Oregon, USA

"Toby Erkson" wrote in message
Dude, nice (and simple)! Thanks!!
--
Toby Erkson
Oregon, USA

"dowensan" wrote in message
If you are working in-house and the other members of your team can trust

you,
create a digital certificate for yourself -- run "Selfcert.exe" which you
will probably find in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office.

Once you have created your certificate go into the macro editor and select
Tools/Digital Signature from the menu. Select your certificate and resave
your macro.

When you now send it out for others they will be asked on the first

occasion
whether the macro should be enabled but there is also a tick box to enable
them to always trust you. If they select that box they will never be

troubled
with that opening dialogue again either with this macro or any other macro
that you sign with the same certificate.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:00:10 -0700, "Toby Erkson"
wrote:

The check box "Always trust macros from this source" is grayed out on a users
machine I tested on (when the Security Warning message box pops up). Mine is
enabled, though...?!? How to fix?

I don't even have that. The only options I have a

Enable Macros
Disable Macros
Do not Open

We are using Excel 97. Presumably that does not have these trust
certificates.

Nirmal
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No it doesn't. But you can disable macro protection under the
tools=Options menu. I forget the exact location, but you should be able to
spot it.

Tom Ogilvy

"Nirmal Singh" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

The check box "Always trust macros from this source" is grayed out on a

users
machine I tested on (when the Security Warning message box pops up).

Mine is
enabled, though...?!? How to fix?

I don't even have that. The only options I have a

Enable Macros
Disable Macros
Do not Open

We are using Excel 97. Presumably that does not have these trust
certificates.

Nirmal

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry guys, I've been out of the office for a couple of days so I have only
just caught up with your continuing dilema.

You are right, the version of Windows you are using does matter if you are
going to use the method of using digital signatures that I suggested earlier.
I have had no problems within my own team using Windows NT4 and XP. The only
difficulties I have experienced was with an external chap who was using '98.
It's a pity really because it's a great solution if you have the right
technology ... sorry!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:43:02 -0700, "?B?ZG93ZW5zYW4=?="
wrote:

Sorry guys, I've been out of the office for a couple of days so I have only
just caught up with your continuing dilema.

You are right, the version of Windows you are using does matter if you are
going to use the method of using digital signatures that I suggested earlier.
I have had no problems within my own team using Windows NT4 and XP. The only
difficulties I have experienced was with an external chap who was using '98.
It's a pity really because it's a great solution if you have the right
technology ... sorry!

Thanks for trying. I've disabled the macro protection, as suggested
by Tom. Hopefully this should not cause any problems with viruses as
we are only using our own internal workbooks.

Nirmal