Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default What do these characters mean?

and the single quotes enclose the sheetname. You can always code them
but if there are no spaces between, and they just enclose the sheetname,
Excel will remove them so don't be concerned if they do disappear.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default characters / paste special-paste link / absolute/relative default

Hi, everyone,

I see that this is an old thread, but perhaps it's set to notify you when a
new post comes even after all this time.

I have a complicated workbook with many sheets. The way it's set up, it
requires me to use Edit-Paste Special-Paste Link and it works fine - my
question is not about the method, but about the default cell definition. I'm
certain that when I first developed this workbook pasting like that gave me
relative references to the cells on the subsheets. Now, using the same
method, I get absolute references. I can change them with F4, but I'd prefer
to set the default paste behavior to relative references and not absolute.
Does anyone know of a way to do this?

TIA,
Lucian