Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default INDEX with 2 criteria search . . .

Hi Budget Programmer and Vonner,

My forte is not VB . . . so I’m sure there are more savvy ways o
doing this but here’s a sample of my formula I created for a doubl
criteria search, based on your example (Budget Programmer)

=INDEX(DATA_FEED!$F$2:$F$10,MATCH(CONCATENATE(QUER Y!$A2,QUERY!B$1),DATA_FEED!$E$2:$E$10,0))

Attached is an of my formula using your example for your review
hopefully this will get you closer to what your looking for.

/// Caution this formula when copied over & over in a sheet, wil
consume recalculating time /// that’s why I’m in looking into VB or SQ
options (faster). But in the meantime server me well. FYI this will onl
works for unique records / criteria. Otherwise it will return the 1s
value it encounters and discard the others thus skewing your results.

Fable

Remember help others when ever your can

Attachment filename: index (2 criteria search).xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=69788