Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel file cannot open

I have an excel file, which is generated through another
interface screen (programmed in jsp). The file size is 26
MB. It has a very small image file embedded in the excel
file. But, when I tried to open, it takes around 20
minutes. It has only 31000 rows and all are text/numeric
characters. Total number of columns is 8.

I selected the whole sheet and copied into a new excel
file and saved it. The size is only 6 MB.

Why this difference? Why does it take so much time to
open the excel file.

On the contrary, I have 60 MB excel file, which i could
open in 39 seconds.

Appreciate your technical guidance.