Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Where to locate reference

Where may I locate the reference to using the various
parameters with worksheet functions as methods such as
FIND, SUMIF, etc.

I see answers describing values like "what=:"
and "lookin" and the like.

Where are these documented?

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Those are called named ranges, but they are only used with procedures built
in VBA or VB. For the worksheetfunctions, you don't use names - arguments
are passed by position. So you just use Excel help for those to identify
the arguments.

Tom Ogilvy

"Lee Hunter" wrote in message
Where may I locate the reference to using the various
parameters with worksheet functions as methods such as
FIND, SUMIF, etc.

I see answers describing values like "what=:"
and "lookin" and the like.

Where are these documented?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Those are called named ranges,
should say

Those are called named arguments,

Tom Ogilvy

"Lee Hunter" wrote in message
Where may I locate the reference to using the various
parameters with worksheet functions as methods such as
FIND, SUMIF, etc.

I see answers describing values like "what=:"
and "lookin" and the like.

Where are these documented?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Thanks Tom,

and I should have more properly called them Methods,
rather than worksheet functions.

In any case for the FIND method, for example:
Set c = .Find(2, lookin:=xlValues)
Where is "lookin:=" defined and where is "xlValues"
explained?

It appears to me as if each method has it's own set of
named arguments,as:
Worksheets("Sheet1").Columns("A").Replace _
What:="SIN", Replacement:="COS", _
SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, MatchCase:=True
doesn't use "lookin:=" and

FIND doesn't use "SearchOrder". I can't locate this in
either Excel or VBA help or in the Language or Forms
reference manuals. Where are they hidden?

Thanks, again.

.