Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default New window blues in Excel

Hi,

Lets say I have 15 worksheets and many of them have freeze panes, Zoom etc.
Sometimes I use the option of new window and may even go for 3 windows.

2 Problems he-

1. All The new window option has the default no freeze pane and 100% Zoom

2. After some time I close the extra windows and if by mistake I close the
window with ":1" , that is the original window then I have lost those
settings for ever. i know it seems like the posts which comes in newsgroups
asking for "recovering" a unsaved file but how to overcome this problem of
not losing the settings in the original windows of the spreadsheet? At the
first place shouldnt they try making all the new windows identical?

Regards,
Hari
India

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Hari

ar the first place shouldnt they try making all the new windows identical?

I agree

This is one of the reasons why I don't use the Window option

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Hari" wrote in message ...
Hi,

Lets say I have 15 worksheets and many of them have freeze panes, Zoom etc.
Sometimes I use the option of new window and may even go for 3 windows.

2 Problems he-

1. All The new window option has the default no freeze pane and 100% Zoom

2. After some time I close the extra windows and if by mistake I close the
window with ":1" , that is the original window then I have lost those
settings for ever. i know it seems like the posts which comes in newsgroups
asking for "recovering" a unsaved file but how to overcome this problem of
not losing the settings in the original windows of the spreadsheet? At the
first place shouldnt they try making all the new windows identical?

Regards,
Hari
India

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Julie

For most people it is confusing to use more windows
of the same sheet is my opinion.

And if I use it I want the windows to be the same ( Freeze panes)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl