Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Next Friday's Date Using Cell Formulae

I have within my spreadsheet the requirement for two dates to be shown.

The first is simple to create, todays date.

Today()

The second requires a little more knowledge to obtain.

I need the second date to show the date of the next friday afte
Today's date, unless todays date is a friday, and then the second dat
will also whow today's date.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Celtic_Avenger
:confused

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this with =Now() in J1

=IF(WEEKDAY(J1,2)= 5,NOW(),NOW()+5-WEEKDAY(J1,2))

I use weekday type 2 (that = monday =1)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Celtic_Avenger " wrote in message
I have within my spreadsheet the requirement for two dates to be shown.

The first is simple to create, todays date.

Today()

The second requires a little more knowledge to obtain.

I need the second date to show the date of the next friday after
Today's date, unless todays date is a friday, and then the second date
will also whow today's date.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Celtic_Avenger

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=B3+5-WEEKDAY(B3,2)+(WEEKDAY(B3,2)5)*7

where B3 holds the date, or substitute that with Today()

=Today()+5-WEEKDAY(Today(),2)+(Weekday(Today(),2)5)*7

If you won't look at the sheet on weekends, you can remove the Last part
+(Weekday(today(),2)5)*7

Tom Ogilvy

"Celtic_Avenger " wrote in
message ...