Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calculations and significant digits

Hi Niklas,

Try using Excel's ROUND function. For example,
=ROUND(4321.12345,4) returns 4321.1235
=ROUND(4321.12345,3) returns 4321.123
=ROUND(4321.12345,2) returns 4321.12
=ROUND(4321.21345,1) returns 4321.1
=ROUND(4321.21345,0) returns 4321
=ROUND()4321.12345,-1) returns 4320
=ROUND(4321.12345,-2) returns 4300
and so on.

Also check out the ROUNDUP and ROUNDDOWN functions.

Cheers

"Niklas" wrote in message
Hi
Are their any worksheet function I can use to convert a value to the
desiered significant values? At the moment I have created a UDF doing

this,
but I prefer to use worksheet function.

Some examples
Value Significant digits New value