Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can't scroll VBE properly

On my XP at work I can scroll the code/editor window
with the middle mouse button.

On my win2K SP 4 at home, I can't,
tho it works with my Textpad editor okay,
as well as Outlook Express and Explorer.

Any ideas?
Peter.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On the wheel tab, advanced
remove any disable exceptions for IE and for Visual Basic

Fill-Handle, Replication and use of the Mouse
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...d.htm#settings

---
HTH,

"Peter Chatterton" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
On my XP at work I can scroll the code/editor window
with the middle mouse button.

On my win2K SP 4 at home, I can't,
tho it works with my Textpad editor okay,
as well as Outlook Express and Explorer.

Any ideas?
Peter.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I've just downloaded the v.5 Intellipoint driver and
there's no wheel tab.

There is a Scrolling Tab but its Advanced tab is about
scrolling acceleration and
I can't find anything about Visual Basic
(in the help too).

I have restarted the VBE.

I'm using win2K SP 4

Peter

"David McRitchie" wrote in message
On the wheel tab, advanced
remove any disable exceptions for IE and for Visual Basic

Fill-Handle, Replication and use of the Mouse
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...d.htm#settings

---
HTH,

"Peter Chatterton" wrote in

message
. cable.rogers.com...
On my XP at work I can scroll the code/editor window
with the middle mouse button.

On my win2K SP 4 at home, I can't,
tho it works with my Textpad editor okay,
as well as Outlook Express and Explorer.

Any ideas?
Peter.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have a five button mouse, but it degrades to two buttons and wheel
if it gets unplugged and plugged back in.

If you loaded the correct drivers, you may have to reboot.

I have an Intellimouse USB and PS/2 Compatible mouse on a laptop and
if it gets unplugged accidentally and I plug it back in (you can plug things in
on laptops with machine on), I lose buttons 4 & 5 on and the picture of the
mouse changes to something listed more simply like Microsoft Mouse. .
But I never lose the fact that it has a wheel.
Returns to normal after rebooting.

Why did you reload drivers, were you having another problem.

--
---
HTH,

"Peter Chatterton" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I had the 4.0 driver in before, which showed a buttonless mouse in the
Settings thing.

I rebooted but the VBE is still the same. I've just noticed that the mouse
works okay in an Excel spreadsheet, including magnification (ctrl-up/down)

I don't like the scrolling on this one. I've got it at about 20% speed with
accel.