Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Number of Different Entries In Column

Hi Again..........

I have a list of names in a column.
I need to create a formular that will count the number of differen
entries found in that column.

ie

Bill
John
Fred
Cath
Eddie
Bill
John

In this column there are 7 names in total, but only 5 different names.

Is there a formular that can calculate this for me?

Thanks

Celtic_Avenger
:confused

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...CountingUnique
for a solution. Try also a Pivot table if the result of this is to be used
for further summing/counting.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Celtic_Avenger " skrev i
melding ...
Hi Again..........

I have a list of names in a column.
I need to create a formular that will count the number of different
entries found in that column.

ie

Bill
John
Fred
Cath
Eddie
Bill
John

In this column there are 7 names in total, but only 5 different names.

Is there a formular that can calculate this for me?

Thanks

Celtic_Avenger

---