Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Counting the number of entries in a column

Hi!

I have area numbers in column A and the number of produkts ordered in column B

I want to count the number of entries in a particular area bearing in mind I
just want to see the number of entries rather than sum them up like SUMIF. Is
there a convenient formula which would allow me to do this?

Thanks for any help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
I assume your product is in column B and the product name is XX

=countif(B1:B100,"XX")

Change range and product name to fit your needs

you can have as well the product you want to count entered in a cell let's
say C1 in that case you can replace the above formula with

=countif(B1:B100,C1)

if this helps please click yes thanks

"Wombat" wrote:

Hi!

I have area numbers in column A and the number of produkts ordered in column B

I want to count the number of entries in a particular area bearing in mind I
just want to see the number of entries rather than sum them up like SUMIF. Is
there a convenient formula which would allow me to do this?

Thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Right:

column A contains numbers 30 to 40 representing which area the customer is in.
Column B contains the number of articles ordered by this customer. eg 5

I want to be able to count how many customers from each area has placed an
order eg. how many cells have something in them in column B WHEN column A
contains the correct area number

I basically need a formula which would work in a similar fashion to a SUMIF
but without it adding the numbers... just counting how many cells have
something in them

"Wombat" wrote:

Hi!

I have area numbers in column A and the number of produkts ordered in column B

I want to count the number of entries in a particular area bearing in mind I
just want to see the number of entries rather than sum them up like SUMIF. Is
there a convenient formula which would allow me to do this?

Thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make a list of your areas in column E starting in E1 and in F1 enter

=SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$3=E1)*($B$1:$B$3<""))

change range to fit your needs and copy formula down, remember range has to
be the same in both sides of the formula