Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Office 2003 SP1 breaks solver?

I am having the same problem. I've noticed that I can get
Solver to work with VBA if, before I start the macro, I
manually re-check the Solver add-in box under Tools Add-
Ins. Somehow, this seems to connect Solver, even though
the equivalent command in VBA will not.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Since my last post, I have discovered the cause of the
Solver problem on my computer. After the new version of
Excel was installed on my computer, Excel was still linked
to a previous version of Solver.xla that was still on my
computer. For some reason, the old Solver.xla file did
not get removed during the installation of Excel 2003.
Also, the spreadsheet and VBE seem to be linked to Solver
in two different subdirectories. When I copied the new,
correct version of Solver.xla to both locations,
everything started working fine again.

I am having the same problem. I've noticed that I can

get
Solver to work with VBA if, before I start the macro, I
manually re-check the Solver add-in box under Tools Add-
Ins. Somehow, this seems to connect Solver, even though
the equivalent command in VBA will not.

I have a code that uses Solver that works with Excel

2003. When the Office
suite is updated with SP1, my code no longer will run.

get a "Excel has
experienced an unexpected error" message. What changed

in this update
relating to Solver?
.

.