Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Is solver different between Office versions?

A professor asked me why the output using Solver in the Office Professional
version is different than the output in our Enterprise version. Is anyone
aware of this? If so, is there a way to make our Enterprise version spit out
the output like the Professional version?

Thanks!
Jan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Solver is a 3rd party program by Frontline Systems Inc. (www.solver.com).
That company licenses a basic version to Microsoft for inclusion in Excel.
It could well be that the presentation you see is different for different
versions of Excel and that the solver version may have different
capabilites. I would imagine that the Excel Enterprise version of solver
could have more features than the Professional version's.

Tyro